McDermott is Hiring for Senior Mechanical Engineer
|Senior Mechanical Engineer
|Job will expire on
|14 Dec 2023
- Applies all relevant procedures, practices and International standards according his discipline (Static, Rotating, Package/special equipment), and applicable as per Projects requirements.
- Ensure all relevant McDermott procedures, practices and quality standards be implemented.
- Perform mechanical calculations related to the respective discipline (pressure vessels preliminary calculations, rotating equipment pre dimensioning, power consumption determination, etc.)
- Perform Mechanical data sheets and equipment specifications in accordance with process and project requirements.
- Effectively manage equipment requisitions in accordance with project requirements. As well evaluating technical quotations, preparing queries, compiling technical bid tabulations and recommendations, preparing purchase requisition and coordinating with Procurement to expedite vendor documentation
- Perform the drawings, documents, and inspection & test procedures review from the sellers and manufacturers.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines the interdisciplinary review over supplier’s documentations
- Assist inspections during testing and evaluate test results of equipment, both if necessary. Also perform Final inspections at Manufacturer’s workshop when required by project
- Provide technical inputs to subcontracts related to Mechanical engineering (Equipment erection, Equipment insulation installation, etc.)
- Ensure the good coordination with all other concerned disciplines.
- Execute project closeout activities and communicate lessons learned.
- Identify potential scope changes and report deviations to the team Engineer lead.
- Advises and assists in resolving equipment problems during engineering, construction, commissioning and operation
- Challenge project requirements where there is room for improvement (Value Cost Engineering).
- Apply all the relevant HSE requirements and criteria in the engineering work and decisions.
- Serves as a technical reference and/or source of reliable information for the discipline.
- Make recommendations to improve work process.
- Give support to construction when necessary from office or at site.
- 6+ yrs in Oil and Gas with major contractor or consultant predominantly performing detail design
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of many design techniques and analysis methods, and detailed knowledge of the content and application of standards codes and guidelines as applicable.
- Good English in writing / speaking (B2 Level minimum)
- Quality oriented and schedule conscious
- Leadership skills and willingness to coordinate some discipline ta:
- Master Degree in Engineering is Preferred
- Preferably Registered Professional Engineer or member of professional engineering society
Upload resume to get direct calls from recruiters Apply Now