Equiniti is hiring for Automation Test Engineer
- Assist in the maintenance test automation strategy and framework using that supports internal and customer-facing solutions
- Provide input into defining the appropriate test approach and strategies in collaboration with the Test Manager to ensure effective test preparation and execution is produced for both manual and automated testing.
- Determine the adequate level of test coverage in collaboration with the Test Manager, Solution Analysts and Business Users and provide input into the testing estimates.
- Support the Test Manager in defining the entry and exit criteria to the appropriate test phases and make recommendations.
- Understand the functional and technical requirements of the various products supported in order to prioritise the roll out of test automation.
- Understand requirements, design specifications and convert them into test scripts.
- Provide the creation and execution of test scripts both manual and automated.
- Analyse test results to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Conduct test reviews throughout the development lifecycle, to identify any artefacts that are not fit for purpose.
- Create and maintain automation test libraries ensuring function ability as applications are modified.
- Responsible for logging and tracking defects, and will work closely with developers, project managers, and product managers to ensure quality testing is taking place in a timely manner.
- Provide effective communication to all stakeholders to support the delivery of the test activity.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge on current technologies, tools and software test methodologies.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across Equiniti UK, Equiniti US and Equiniti India delivery teams.
- Adherence to all Regulatory, Security and Compliance requirements
click here to Apply
- Proven QA automation experience, in particular
- experience in system level testing using Java, Selenium, Cucumber and Gherkin
- experience in REST and SOAP services usage and testing (HttpClient, Postman, soapUI)
- Strong understanding of automation frameworks and workflows, in particular
- designing tests based on mock-ups, specifications and acceptance criteria
- experience in version control systems (SVN and GIT)
- experience in continuous testing in Jenkins and/or Azure DevOps
- Strong SQL scripting skills
- Experience of waterfall (V-model) and agile methodologies across multiple projects.
- Experience in use of defect management tools, in particular Team Foundation Server
- Experience of cross browser/device, responsive and accessibility testing.
- Experience in the financial sector preferred but not essential.
- Experience in training onshore and offshore resources would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate about IT and technology in plain-English and in non-technical terms to colleagues and Clients.
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Ability to work calmly and methodically when under pressure
- Automation of functional testing
- Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin
- Version control systems (GIT, SVN)
- IntelliJ IDEA IDE
- Jenkins, Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps
- MS SQL