Summary Purpose of the Position:
This role is responsible for performing engineering activities on a global value engineering value analysis (VEVA) project to develop a new global range of vessels. This role works closely with the project team and senior engineers to ensure engineering solutions meet customer requirements, project schedule, and budget.
- Line Management Responsibility: None
- Financial/Budget Responsibility: Financial and Budgetary control for assigned projects ensuring agreed targets are met and contribute to the budget planning process of the Global Process Engineering group.
Knowledge & Key Skills:
- Time Management
- Good understanding of mechanical design principles relating to pressure vessels, hydraulic and process systems as per international standards
- Good knowledge of major manufacturing processes of pressure vessels including welding, machining, forming, molding/ casting, and sealing mechanisms.
- Good knowledge of international drawings (BS8888 / ANSI Y14.5 or equivalent global standard)
- Good 3D and 2D CAD knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task
- Value Engineering and Value Analysis (VAVE)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, equivalent discipline or experience to an equivalent level.
- 2 years experience in relevant engineering disciplines
- Must be willing to travel both within the local country and abroad, therefore, a current driving license and passport are essential.
- Must be willing to work reasonable unpaid overtime and unsociable hours if program objectives dictate.
- Produce engineering documentation as required (on time, to budget, and of suitable quality) to support requests for quote/customer orders/manufacturing and suppliers including drawings, calculations, datasheets, and procedures.
- Through a process of continuous improvement and VAVE, develop the processes and products across all disciplines so that time and cost can be optimized whilst still ensuring a robust and effective process and products
- Generate designs that meet customer specifications and offer safe and reliable/robust design which is easy to manufacture/operate and maintain.
- Preparation of full, clear, and concise specifications for product function for use in internal and external documentation and testing protocols together with applications, SLS and commissioning engineers.
- Specifying materials, components, and assemblies with performance, serviceability, longevity, and economy in mind.
- Introduction of new technologies wherever possible which reduce costs and increase time/resource efficiencies.
- Participate and lead technical clarification meetings with other groups at Pall as well as customers and suppliers.
- Participate and lead troubleshooting and problem-solving activities with customers, suppliers on product technical issues.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team designing and detailing products ensuring safety and functionality are met in accordance with the customer requirements and current legislation
- Apply sound scientific and engineering principles to develop robust and cost-effective products and processes designed for manufacturability.
- Managing product data to ensure that effective traceability is maintained through the product life cycle.
- Perform duties to an agreed program, manage priorities by liaison with team leader and Engineering manager.
- Working processes and designs to be in accordance with local and international legislation, customer quality requirements, and the Pall Quality Management System.
- Other duties as required