Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity, and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators, and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently. This is an Engineer Design role, reporting to the Local Product Group Manager in Business Area – Motion located in Vadodara. You will be responsible for creating or modifying the pre-engineered design of equipment, systems, or installations for assignments classified as low complexity by applying standard design concepts.
- Assisting in designing engineering solutions, including drawings and calculations according to specifications.
- Participating in design reviews and design verification, and modifies design as necessary.
- Following up work plans and cost estimates for one’s own area of responsibility and ensures quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost.
- Supporting risk assessments and implements resulting actions for one’s project.
- Supporting in preparation of specific aspects of design assignments for project meetings.
- Collaborating with supply chain function in the preparation of required documentation for a request for quote (RFQs) and proposals.
- Using standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility.
- Providing support and direction for entry-level drafting and document control team.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelors of engineering in Mechanical or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 to 6 years of experience in Engineering design.
- Must have exposure in the product design of electrical rotating machines.
- Preferred from Traction Motors industry.
- Must have tool knowledge in E-plan/CAD.
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Good communication skills.